I am so excited about our upcoming Anchor Day Getaway on Tuesday, August 23rd in the beautiful coastal town of Gig Harbor! Our day retreat will be a chance to get away and be refreshed and encouraged, to be anchored in faith and friendships, and to enjoy some great food and have FUN!
Gig Harbor, the coastal town where our Anchor Day Getaway will be hosted
The town of Gig Harbor offers a charming escape from the city and features a wonderful waterfront to stroll along with views of the Puget Sound and Mount Rainier. There are locally owned shops to browse in on Harborview Drive. We will be convening in a centrally located hotel, the Wesley Inn, built in a classic Nantucket style with gray shakes and white trim. It is the perfect place to experience all that the Northwest has to offer. I did some research on the benefits of taking time to get away and be refreshed and rest and I was astounded by the many benefits, many of which struck a chord with me.
The beautiful Wesley Inn
The words getaway and retreat mean to escape or make a quick departure — a mini vacation of sorts. I became more aware of the great need for such a time in my own life. There are five reasons why a retreat is good for you and promises to be wonderfully rewarding on many levels.
Five Reasons to Take a Retreat
- …provides peace away from your daily regimen. Taking time away gives you an escape from a tiresome routine to refocus, relax and gain perspective on your life and be still. Retreats are usually situated in secluded and serene locations that present the perfect platform for you to forget about the hustle and bustle of life and let you truly rest. A trip to Gig Harbor promises a time of hope and encouragement from the varying storms of life.
- …offers you proximity to nature and scenic surroundings. The beauty of Gig Harbor and Mount Rainier and the surrounding waters of Puget Sound are a chance to meet God outside. The stunning views of Mount Rainier and the coastal waters will help you to unwind. Being close to nature has shown long term benefits to health including reducing your body’s production of cortisol, our primary stress hormone. Moreover, the clean air and calm surroundings allow you to relax and be rejuvenated so that you can have a fresh start to your life.
- …offers a place to meet people with similar interests and a great opportunity to deepen friendships old and new. It is a time to be encouraged together, hold each other accountable, and most importantly, realize that you are not alone. There will be time to connect with women of all ages to mentor and motivate one another.
- …gives you the opportunity to learn from experienced speakers. You will hear inspiring messages of hope and faith and have a chance to go deeper in the Bible and gain wisdom. You will have the opportunity to ask questions and share with others.
- …you don’t have to worry about planning. A retreat provides a time that you can let your mind take a break. You are totally pampered and taken care of. All meals, snacks, and other FUN surprises will be provided. You will be treated, served, and doted on for the whole day!
I hope you will strongly consider the benefits of taking a retreat and join us on our Anchor Day Getaway on August 23rd! Our day will begin at 9:30am with coffee and a light breakfast before the program starts at 10:00am. I will be sharing about Anchored Living along with Emily Jamieson and a special guest panel. We will be exploring how to stay grounded in turbulent times to experience the grace and peace Jesus brings for everyday life.
After a wonderful catered lunch and some additional learning time together, we will conclude at 2:45pm and our free time begins! You will have the chance to explore Gig Harbor to shop, walk and take in the beauty. At 4:30pm, you will be welcomed aboard the historic ferry boat Concordia (which was built in 1930 and recently restored!) for a memorable happy hour you won’t want to miss. You are sure to grow in faith and friendships and be energized to return to the race of life stronger than ever!